terça-feira, 29 de março de 2011

Entrevista a Natasha Kai por Nell Enriquez


Tasha Kai Q+A: ‘Sexy soccer’ has arrived in Philadelphia

Have you been wondering just what one of the toughest players in the WPS has been up to? If your answer is yes, then we’re both talking about Tasha Kai. Sometimes known as the “bad girl” of soccer, Kai has become a striker for the Philadelphia Independence after having spent the past two seasons playing for Sky Blue FC in New Jersey.
Kai took time out of the busy pre-season training to answer some questions about being a part of the Independence and the path that got her there.

About the pre-season:

Nell Enriquez: How have your first few weeks of being part of the Independence been?

Tasha Kai: I feel really great here. I mean the whole squad is great. I had two rough years and I can love soccer again. I feel great as a player and as a person.

NE: How do you feel about the team being called the “cheesesteaks”?

TK: I’m a vegetarian, so I don’t really like cheesesteaks but I guess that’s just our team name. We have a fan base called the cheesesteaks. It’s just fun you know, to our fans. You know they wear cheesesteak hats!

...

A bit about how you got to here:

NE: I heard that when you were younger you hurt your foot so bad that you were told you may not be able to play. Is that true?
TK: Oh yeah, it was when I was five. My family and I went to the beach. Me and my family were running on the sand and playing tag or what not and I stepped on a broken glass beer bottle and it clipped my heel off my foot. Cut all the veins, arteries – everything. I was in a boot for like nine months and the doctors said I wouldn’t be able to walk straight again. I have a scar on my foot still. But you know it didn’t stop me from doing what I wanted to do. I just continued being me and being active and stuff.

Entrevista Completa: equalizersoccer.com

Depois da entrevista Natasha Kai decidiu criar uma conta no Twitter.
Podem segui-la em: http://twitter.co/tasha_kai00 

Sem comentários: